Thursday, November 13, 2008

Fall

Autumn is my new favorite season. There is just something about it I like. The cool breeze in the air, the falling of the leaves. It reminds me of starting brand new. Ironic, eh?



Or maybe not so much.

Have you ever thought of dying as something beautiful? I think in our culture-- that's rarely the case. In other cultures, it is something natural and not avoided. In the US, we take every last measure to prevent it.

Anyway, looking at the leaves today. It was breathtaking. I remember walking through Soreaksan National Park in Korea and seeing the foilage. Today, I was walking through my neighborhood park-- 5 minutes away. And it was incredibly beautiful.

It reminds me of dying to ourselves and living for Christ. And at through this last season, it has been something really painful and hard for me. But looking at the leaves, remembering the beauty of His grace and redemption, redeeming us to Himself-- becoming free to be who He has created me to be as His daughter.

My prayer for this season: He must become greater, I must become less. Not by my power, nor strength but by His Spirit. I want him to refine me, purify my heart-- so, I can be used by Him, and I'm hanging on the promise that He will not let me go and that He knows what is best for me.

My selfishness, even my tears are selfish. To let that go. You really care about the condition of my heart and you see my motives. May I live for something greater than myself.

Give me eyes to see. Touch my eyes again-- to see as yours do.

The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But it if dies, it produces many seeds. The man who loves his life with lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant will be.

No comments: